We all have a dream of having those clean and perfect white teeth you see adverts and all over magazines covers however not all us can afford those expensive dentists to have our teeth cleaned and whitened but you shouldn’t worry because we’ve collected the best teeth whitening way to whiten your teeth naturally.
These methods have been tested and rated and proved to work by the top teeth specialists and dentists. Therefore they really work.
Continue reading and learn:
- What is a teeth whitening
- The causes teeth to turn yellow or cream in color
- What are the best teeth whitening methods
1. What is teeth whitening?
Teeth whitening involves cleaning the teeth turned yellowish into white. It involves 2 methods, the at-home DIY and the one done by the dentist or teeth specialist.
Teeth whitening by the dentist involves deep cleaning of the teeth though this method is quite expensive. At home DIY method involves just cleaning of teeth using natural remedies prepared you at home and this is affordable.
In this post, we will focus on this method.
2. What causes teeth to turn yellow or cream in color?
Before thinking of what is the best teeth whitening method, it is better to first know what caused the teeth to turn yellow. The one thing that causes the teeth to turn yellow is external factors, the food you eat.
It is estimated that an unhealthy diet with high sugar, harmful use of alcohol, and use of tobacco are some of the factors that contribute to oral diseases according to the World Food Organization
There are some types of foods that stain your teeth and turn yellow in color, theses include;
- Coffee – coffee contains tannins that can cause stains on your teeth over time and also makes it much easier for acidic foods that you take to do more damage on your teeth.
- Some berries – The major stainer is that pigment that gives berries that deep blue hue. These include blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries.
- Red wine – is also another cause which turns the teeth shades of grey and this often makes it hard to whiten the yellow stains
- White wine – A study suggests that it makes the stains on the tooth darker and hard to whiten. Wine creates grooves on the tooth surface. The grooves will seep the teeth staining chemicals deeper.
- Anything with food dye such as popsicles, candy, and sports drinks bright in color. Food coloring can be aggressive to both enamel and exposed roots.
- Acidic foods such as tomatoes and citrus fruits, they wear away the enamel and expose the yellow-hed dentin.
- Getting older also causes because the more you grow older, your teeth also tend to change in color.
3. What are the best teeth whitening methods?
a) Activated charcoal best teeth whitening method
Activated charcoal has been recently gained fame for being the best teeth whitening home remedy and it is one of the most and easiest inexpensive products to whiten your teeth naturally.
The product works truly wonders as removes toxins and surface stain left by coffee and food consumption. It has been proven that brushing with charcoal lightens your teeth up to 3 shades.
- Do this if you want to try it.
- Crush a tablet of charcoal into a powder.
- Deep a clean wet toothbrush into it.
- And brush the teeth as you do normally.
- Don.t mind if your teeth and mouth turn black.
b) Toothpaste, sea salt, baking soda, and lemon juice
It is great to work with these remedies one by one but when combined together can make the best teeth whitening super remedy.
- Mix one tablespoon of toothpaste, a bit of baking soda, 4 – 5 drops of lemon juice, and a pinch of sea salt in a bowl.
- Then brush your teeth with this mixture remedy for 5 – 6 minutes and you will the results with one use.
c) Lemon juice and water
Lemon juice and water is also another best teeth whitening remedy, it can help whiten your teeth and disinfect your cavity
- Mix 1 teaspoon of fresh-squeezed lemon juice with 1 teaspoon of water.
- Then brush your teeth thoroughly with the combined two liquids.
- After that brush, your teeth with your regular teeth paste as usual.
- 1 time in a week is recommended
- You can also apply the water-lemon liquid to your teeth and leave it for 10 minutes.
- After that wash your mouth with water.
- 1 or 2 times are better in a week.
d) Lemon juice + sea salt + toothpaste
Sea salt is equipped and full of anti-bacterial properties for freshening your breath and protect your enamel as well.
- Just mix 1/5 teaspoon of sea salt + a small amount of white toothpaste + squeezed lemon juice.
- Apply this mixture to a teeth.
- Leave it in the mouth for 1 minute before rinsing your mouth thoroughly
- One or two times in a week is recommended
e) Baking soda and lemon juice
Baking is said to eliminate stains on the surface of the teeth while lemon comes with multiple components for best teeth whitening, which also make the best teeth whitening remedy.
- Mix a teaspoon of squeezed lemon juice + a teaspoon of baking soda
- Brush your teeth with the mixture and you will the wonders in just 2 minutes.
- But remember don’t leave the mixture in the mouth for more than 2 minutes because it will damage your enamel.
- Recommended to use the above method 1 or 2 times in a week
f) Hydrogen peroxide best teeth whitening
Hydrogen is a must-have for best teeth whitening because it is a bleaching agent however before using it, you should make sure that your teeth are not sensitive.
If you don’t want to damage your teeth, you can find toothpaste with hydrogen peroxide balanced with other ingredients
- Soak a piece of cotton into hydrogen peroxide and apply to your teeth but you should be careful because this method isn’t recommended for frequent use as it may harm your enamel.
- Do it 1 or 2 times in a week for better results
Hydrogen peroxide can be used as a mouth wash before brushing your teeth. Just make sure you use 3% or 1.5% solution.
Other hydrogen peroxide solutions are teeth whitening strips or hydrogen peroxide gel.
g) Powdered milk and toothpaste
Dairy products most especially milk significantly improves the health of your teeth. This is because milk contains calcium and phosphorous which is good for making the tooth strong.
You can either include dairy products in your meal or use powdered milk and toothpaste
- Firstly put some small toothpaste on your toothbrush, and a bit of small powdered milk on top and brush your teeth.
- Use this method 1 – 2 times a week to get your teeth purely whitened and strong.
Please note that all these methods must not be used at the same time. Pick one at a time which you will use
Taking care of your teeth every day is so important fo these remedies to work.
Also if you have teeth problems, these remedies might not be for you. Try to consult a dentist first.
What best teeth whitening remedy did you use to clean your teeth that we did not mention? Share with us the comment below.