Totally feeling overwhelmed by the annoying blackheads all your body? Don’t worry, here we cover the super fast and effective blackhead removal remedies you can prepare at your home.
In this article, we don’t list every blackhead removal remedy under the sun.
Instead, we list the most tested and recommended by the skincare specialists and dermatologists.
So, they are proven to work.
Keep reading, you’ll learn:
- What are blackheads
- What causes blackheads
- How to prevent blackhead
- How to treat blackheads
1. What are blackheads?
Blackheads are a common problem for all of us not just for oily skin but also for those with dry skin. It is a type of acne that occurs when pores on the skin get clogged with dead skin cells and oily substances.
In the United States (U.S) only blackheads infection affects over 40 to 50 million people annually according to the American Academy of Dermatology Association.
The acne affects 85% of people between the ages of 12 and 24. And can also occur into ’30s and ’40s
Do you want to know why and how exactly blackheads appear on your skin?
2. What causes blackheads?
- The biggest percentage is caused by genetics and hormones like if someone in your family had them, there are high chances of you suffering from them too.
- Other causes including taking sugar, dairy, and chocolate. hormonal changes in the body like adolescence, puberty, and pregnancy in women.
- Being stressed also leads to acne as being stressed leads to excess production of sebum.
As you already know, blackheads can appear on your chin, cheeks, and even around your But the most common area is the nose and today will focus on it.
3. How to prevent blackheads
- Having a good looking skin starts with proper skincare, because this may prevent the appearance of acne to your skin.
- Little with Makeup as too much or daily makeup may block your pores leaving your skin with no space to breathe.
- Don’t get tired of washing your face in the morning and night this is because leaving your skin oily may clog your pores.
- Exercising is also great for your skin as this helps your body to get rid of toxins.
4. How to treat blackheads
Here we list the most recommeded blackhead removal remedies you should try to get rid of blackheads
1. Using Lemon and Sea Salt
Lemon is one of the most effective blackhead removal remedies. This is because lemon contains different acids that tighten the pores and removes blackheads but also prevent other skin problems.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of sea salt with 1/5 teaspoon of lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon of water.
- Apply on the areas of blackhead for 2 – minutes.
- Let it dry for about 10 or 15 minutes and after clean your face with warm water.
- Wash your face again with cold water to close the pores.
- Don’t forget to use a moisturizer afterward.
- Do this method once a week and you will be surprised.
2. Lemon Juice, Plain Yogurt, and Oatmeal
Oatmeal contains saponins a natural cleanser for removing dead skin cells. While yogurt and lemon provide more gentle cleaning.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of oatmeal with half of the lemon juice and 3 tablespoons of yogurt.
- Apply the finished mask on the nose and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Wash your face afterward with water and apply moisturizer.
- Repeat this method once a week.
3. Milk, Honey, and Cotton
- Mix 1 tablespoon of raw honey with 1 teaspoon of milk.
- Put the mixture in the microwave for about 5 – 15 seconds.
- Apply the warm mixture on the nose and cover with the cotton strips.
- Leave the strips on the nose for about 15 – 20 minutes and after peel it away carefully.
- Wash your nose with cold water to close the pores.
- Do this procedure once a week to clean blackheads.
4. Honey Strips and Cinnamon
Cinnamon and Honey strips is a perfect blackhead removal remedy
Honey is responsible for effective cleaning the clogged pores, while as cinnamon makes your skin smoothy making it easier for honey to remove blackheads.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of honey with a teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- Apply the mixture on the nose, then pad a strip over the nose.
- Leave the strip for about 5 – 10 and after peel it off.
- Wash your face with cold water
- Repeat this method once a week.
5. Green Tea
Green tea is also a great blackhead removal remedy, as it is known for reducing oil.
- Put 1 green tea bag in one-third of the cup of water, leave it until water changes color.
- Add 3 tablespoons of sugar and mix
- So the scrub is ready, gently rub the finished scrub on your nose in a circular motion, because with your eyes.
- Wait for about 10 – 15 minutes. When you feel that it has begun to dry wash it off with cold water to close the pores and moisturize your skin.
6. Egg Whites Mask
Egg white mask tightens large pores and removes excess oils as it is packed with vitamins and proteins. The tightening of the skin pores make the blackheads to not appear again
- Clean your face first and make sure you have no makeup on.
- Take a warm washcloth with some water and press this on your nose, warm water will open up your pores & and make blackheads extraction easy.
- Get 1 egg white and apply it on your skin where you have blackheads.
- Now while still wet, take a piece of toilet paper and cover on top of egg white and wait for 10 minutes.
- Then peel it off and wash the face with cold water to close the pores.,
Did you know that toothpaste equipped with ingredients that help reduce excess oil trapped in the pores of your skin?
- Apply a layer of toothpaste to your skin where there are blackheads.
- Wait for it to dry, then gently rub it to exfoliate and help remove the blackheads from your pores.
8. Baking Soda and Honey
Using baking soda and honey is one of the most effective blackhead removal remedies. Baking soda cleans the skin of impurities and also unclog your pores.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of honey with a teaspoon of baking soda.
- Massage the face with the mixture.
- Leave it for 10 minutes, after applying cold water.
It is recommended it repeat the process 2 times a week.
For blackhead removal videos, you can check on youtube and see how blackheads being removed correctly.
None of these methods take longer to use. Try them and you will see a great change. What blackhead removal helps you to clean your face and get rid of blackheads?. Share your opinion and advice in the comment section below.